Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Spare the Rod

Spare the Rod

   Going to school at Pensacola Christian College, but living in California, I have a long trek to make at the beginning of each new semester. My grandparents (along with most of my dad’s side of the family) live in northwest Georgia, about a six hour drive from northern Florida.
   Hence I usually make the airborne leg of my trek to their house, and then drive (or more accurately, am driven) to Pensacola several days later. These regular and uneventful road trips provide more than plenty in the way of “interesting” observances, as this bumper sticker:

SPARE THE ROD:

Use a belt!


   Quite enlightening, don’t you think? It brings to mind that ADD and ADHD are really just forms of DDD/DDD: Discipline Deficit Disorder/Disappearing Dad Disorder.

Crosspost: Academic Musings and Harbour in the Scramble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home