Thursday, August 12, 2004

Cold Waters to a Thirsty Soul

   Merely as a point of interest, I offer you the following story pulled from April of five years ago, from the Savannah Morning News.
Louis E. Nelsen IV has joined Liberty Bank as a customer service representative. Nelsen will be responsible for opening new accounts, performing teller functions, maintaining customer account records and selling all deposit and lending products. A native of Louisiana, he holds a bachelor’s degree from Pensacola Christian College and is a member of Bible Baptist Church in Savannah.
   I do get a small “that’s my people” feeling whenever I read something about PCC alumni. It’s a fellowship I can feel with total strangers. I guess good old Grandpa Mullenix (I use that term out of anything but disrespect for Dr. Joel Mullenix, Vice President for Public Affairs of Pensacola Christian College and Pensacola Theological Seminary. He is one of the many who make PCC the wonderful institution that it is.) is right in calling everyone, whether faculty, staff, or students, former or current, “the PCC family”.
   In that short article, I see a family member who I never met, and who quite likely I never will meet (and who perhaps graduated before I was born — but that’s not to imply I think you’re old, if you’re reading this, Mrs. Nelsen!), but a family member nonetheless.

Proverbs 25:25 As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

Point of Interest: Many everyday events go by unnoticed but by those immediately affected by them. As a writer, I am constantly fascinated by such things: “somebody else’s problem”s (see my previous post, “Funerals and Poetry”).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home